Wednesday 2 September 2015

creativity.

When I am bored I like to doodle, play on my ukulele and attempt to write a song expressing my feelings; listen to music, edit photographs taken previously, experiment with different art mediums... This is something I've recently noticed. 

Does this mean I'm a creative person? 

To be honest I would like to think I was but why is CREATIVITY mainly associated with the artistic type?





I looked up the defintion of 'creativity', it says: the use of imagination or original ideas to create something; inventiveness.





And the synonyms: inventiveness, imagination, imaginativeness, innovation, originality, individuality, artistry, expressiveness, inspiration, vision, creative power, creative talent, creative gift, creative skill, resourcefulness, ingenuity, enterprise. 

Okay yes from the definition it suggests to create something with imagination however when you dig deeper and look into the bigger picture (which is what the synonyms do) it is highlighted that creativity is about your individuality and you as the person you are today, tomorrow and next week. 

ITS ABOUT YOU. > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > .

Don't shy away from situations you may feel less confident or uncomfortable in. As humans we worry of being judged and in this context it maybe due to a lack of skill. Let your personality shine. 

This doesn't just go for being creative... It can be used in any context. 

I was inspired to write this when my friend questioned herself and her creative ability. I wanted to show her what hopefully I have shown you today. 

and that's the end of another...

LITTLE LIFE BLOG 

x




No comments:

Post a Comment