Wednesday 26 August 2015

Mixed Nut and Quinoa Granola

To be fair I can not take credit for this recipe although I did adjust it to make it how I like it so I guess it is kind of different? Anyways I thought this is a definite one to share amongst all of you as its pretty quick, easy, healthy and most importantly... delicious! 


To make it you will need:
100g uncooked quinoa (cooked for the method) 
75g cashews 
75g sunflower, pine and pumpkin nut mix 
75g pecan and hazelnut mix 
75g almonds (I used flaked)
75g dried cranberries
1 tablespoon honey 
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Lightly (olive) oiled baking tray


Obviously you can change it up to your liking, this could be done by adding a different spice or changing the dried fruit to something more exotic maybe? Your granola, your decisions. 


The simple method: 
1. Preheat your oven to 175 degrees 
2. Into a food bag put some of the larger nuts and with a rolling pin crush them to smaller sizes, however if you would like to keep your nuts whole skip this step
3. Mix all ingredients in with the cooked quinoa 
4. Evenly spread your mixture onto the lightly oiled tray 
5. Pop the tray into the oven for 6-10 minutes, until golden brown 
6. Take out oven and leave until completely cool
7. Put into a jar or container and then enjoy! 


I personally think it tastes best with yoghurt and fruit however you can also eat it with milk as a morning cereal. 


If you make it let me know and that just about finishes me up with yet another, 

LITTLE LIFE BLOG...

No comments:

Post a Comment